Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Desi & Becky's Wedding

My friend, Desi, and her fiancé, Becky, were married on August 18th. I was honored to be included in the festivities as Desi's "Best Lady". We have been close friends since we were in high school. The day was perfect. We began the preperations at 8:00am. They definitely took longer than we thought so we had just enough time to go get ready and come back. The ceremony was at 1:00pm under a pavilion. It was short and sweet but wonderfully officiated by another Desi. The party was excellent with chicken, beans, and potato salad. The cake was so lovely I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to cut it.
 
We saw multiple signs throughout the day. First, a heart leaf was found on the ground right near where the arbor was going to be for the ceremony. Secondly, an eagle was soaring above the pavilion while we were decorating (unfortunately I wasn't able to capture it). And last, two deer decided to wander through the park by the pavilion during the party. It was quite amazing.
 
Overall, it was memorable day full of love and friendship. I'm glad I was a part of it.
 
The Set-Up
 


 
The Pre-Ceremony



 
The Ceremony



 
The Cake
 
 

 
The Party
 
 

 
 

 
The "Signs"
 

1 comment:

Desi said...

Thank you so much for everything you did that day. You were the best Best Lady I could have asked for, and the day was better because you and your family were part of it!