Monday, November 26, 2007

Sweet Pea's First Thanksgiving




Dru turned one week old on Thanksgiving! We went to my parent's house for the first time as a family. Oh how our lives have changed. We weren't sure how my mom was going to be able to cook and hold Dru at the same time but luckily she was pretty close to done preparing the meal when we arrived. I think she planned it that way.

We want to thank my aunt LeAnn for the wonderful meals she provided us last week. They were delicious as well as greatly appreciated. Having a newborn surely doesn't leave much time for cooking (not that I do any of that normally).

The first pic is of my sister, Heather, holding her niece on Thanksgiving. The next two are also from Thanksgiving and the last one is from yesterday.

We hope you all had a wonderful holiday and got great deals on Black Friday. Dru and I missed out on the shopping rush this year but maybe we'll try it next year.

Today was my first trip out without Dru. I didn't realize how difficult a quick run to Walmart would be. I realized while driving that I hadn't been without her since February. What a strange emotion. Just a few tears...ok so more than a few :) I hope I can hold it together for dinner on Thursday.

Heidi

1 comment:

Misty said...

I am still trying to figure out the "summer" outfit! :)
Isn't it a little chilly up there???