Tuesday, November 13, 2007

2 days 'til induction...

Well, here I am 4 days past my due date...

It is really setting in that I will most likely be induced Thursday morning. Of course Sweet Pea is being stubborn already! I am bummed about the induction which can lead to a C-section which I also don't want. I know I am supposed to be flexible but the waiting is quite frustrating.

Sunday Julie checked online for what was suggested to get labor started. Needless to say she found quite an array of things so we tried a few. We went for a long walk, I took a warm bath, I ate chocolate for the caffeine, she gave me a foot massage, we did jumping jacks and I have been bouncing on the exercise ball. Today I ate fresh pineapple. Nothing worked, clearly.

We went to have a bio-physical profile (brief ultrasound) yesterday. This was to check to see if Sweet Pea is doing ok. The sonographer checked fluid level, fetal "breathing" (motion of breathing), fetal movement, and heart rate. Each scores 2 points and all was well for a total of 8 points. If all wasn't well we would have begun the induction yesterday.

We did get a few face pictures. The head is down so they aren't as clear as 20 weeks ago :) The first one is a profile and the second is of the face. Like I said not as easy to identify.


Sorry for those whose birth pool dates have come and gone, better luck next time!

Heidi

2 comments:

Heather L. George said...

We are sending you good thoughts about tomorrow...didn't bet on a pool because we are too excited for the real deal! We look forward to meeting you Sweet Pea! :) Love y'all ~ Heather and Bill

Ann said...

Thinking of you today!! - Ann