Sunday, August 21, 2011

Visit to Grandma Lois'

 Leo's first time getting measured on the wall.

 This corn field was next to the park we played at in Estherville.
(corn is apparently supposed to be knee high by the 4th of July)

 Breakfast (Dru has graduated to the stool which has been used for generations!)
The tricycle also used for generations and is still a big hit.

Over the 4th of July weekend the kids and I made a trip down to Iowa to see my grandmother. We get to see her a few times a year but don't make it down to her house very often. The kids enjoy it there since it is such a different place, so quiet and open. We were lucky for some nice weather except we drove through a horrible storm on Friday night. The kids and I shared a room so bedtime was a bit rough with them keeping each other awake. I was able to play some Farkle and Yahtzee with grandma which I enjoy (and beat her a few times, too). We were going to venture to church but Leo was too crabby, we decided not to attempt it. I hope grandma enjoys our time together as much as we do!

No comments: