Sunday, May 24, 2009

Leo's First Weeks







Leo has had a few obstacles in his first few weeks. Nothing major though they have had his mothers having to worry a little. He failed his left ear hearing test in the hospital so we had to wait two weeks to recheck it. We were thrilled when he passed both ears at his recheck visit!

Secondly, he has not been successful at breast feeding. This surprised me since Dru and I did not have any trouble. After a visit to the lactation consultant we discovered that he was tongue tied. So I immediately made an appointment to correct that in the hopes we could get back on track. His frenulum was clipped which was an extremely quick procedure. He only cried for aboout 15 seconds! What a champ! Even though that has been a few days now, it doesn't look like we'll be able to have him breast feed. I am definitely bummed, though I realize he will be just fine.

I not only had his tongue fixed for breast feeding. It is known to be a cause of speech issues as they grow older. This way he won't remember the procedure.

The adoption process is in motion. We hope things go as smoothly as with Dru, but without the crazy judge!


1 comment:

Heather L. George said...

Oh come ON now, that was what made it so entertaining. I would pay to see him again! Let me know if I never sent you the pictures!