Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Work (a 4 letter word)

This is day 3 back to work. I haven't cried as much as I though I would. Monday was definitely the most difficult since the last time I was at work Dru was with me. I felt a bit lonely. Then when returning home Julie had Dru in the window and was waving her hand. It was so surreal! I'm not sure why but I think my brain was thinking life would go back to how it was that last time I was working. I was thrilled to see her and can't wait to see her every day!

I can see how I will be more tired now. Getting up with an alarm clock and not just hanging out. And evenings surely won't be the same.

This morning Dru woke up just before I left. I got to hold her and get her bottle ready. I didn't realize how much a difference saying good bye to her alseep versus awake would be. I was so grateful I got to hold her.

Thank you to those who have been thinking of me this week. I appreciate it. Heidi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work. You can do it! Sending lots of love and good vibes - Joya