Wednesday, October 17, 2007

36 Weeks

It's been a month since my last post. Sorry about that...

On Saturday September 22nd, my previous co-workers at Medtronic threw a shower for me. It was very nice and was great to catch up with them. We got really adorable things!! Thanks Chris and Jara!

On Friday September 28th Julie's co-worker's also hosted a shower for us. Friends from various chapters of Julie's 15 plus years in the airline business were there. We are grateful for everything they have done for us. Thanks to Kristin, Maria, Jenny and Jeni!

On Saturday September 29th my sister and mom threw us another shower. This was for our friends and Julie's family. It was wonderful to see friends and family that we see on rare occasions. We again received lots of great things! Thanks Heather and Mom!

Sadly on October 3rd the mother of my good friend Desi passed away from lung cancer. It was a short but intense battle and she will be greatly missed.

The weekend of October 6th Julie and I spent the weekend in Menomonie, WI with her immediate and extended family. This is an annual event in memory of Julie's grandmother. We had a really good time catching up with everyone.

On Satureday October 13th my current co-workers at St. Paul Heart Clinic threw us our 5th and final shower. I guess I didn't have much faith in human nature but they have all been so wonderful it sometimes surprises me. Of course we received more adorable and useful items. I can honestly say if Sweet Pea arrives today we should be all set.

Julie is in Florida this week with her parents, brother, sister-in-law and 3 nephews. They are enjoying Disneyworld. They have been to Universal Studios, Sea World, and Magic Kingdom so far. Epcot is planned for tomorrow. You ask, why didn't you go? Well, I am now too far along to fly anywhere and would surely not have had enough energy to keep up with everyone. I instead am working and dog sitting.

Sydney, the dog, has been a challenge. We had and still have some adjusting to do. After pooping on the carpet twice then chewing through the cable cord, she is lucky to not be thoroughly harmed. My patience is just a smidge on the low side. Good thing she is cute. I have been lucky to have volunteers to walk her. As a puppy she has way too much energy for me!!

I checked on Sweet Pea today so here is a pic of a foot. Only 3 1/2 more weeks left until life will never be the same. Overwhelmed, of course.

I hope everyone has a safe and scary Halloween. Heidi

2 comments:

JJJEMartins said...

I want to see more prego pictures! Call me if you need any advice before or after you have the baby! I feel expirenced now. Trust me there are many things people or the books don't tell you!
Jaime

Mama Heidi said...

http://babyfust.blogspot.com/

Don't have your email for yoour new job. You look great and it was wonderful seeing you! I am so happy for the both of you. Well wishes and your in my thoughts and prayers. Heidi