Friday, October 4, 2013

Weekend in Iowa

Last weekend the kids and I went to see my Grandma in Iowa. It usually takes about 3 hours to get there but in this case it took almost four. There was road construction from Lakeville to Albert Lea so most of that stretch was down to one lane. It was also VERY dark out. We arrived safely and I sent the kids to bed.
 
 Saturday morning was cold and rainy so we spent much of it inside. I did force them into a bike ride but with the weather it was a short one. After their nap, I took them to a park. They love the merry go rounds and Dru loves to push them more than ride them. Each park we went to (4 in 2 days) had one. We had fun playing, swinging and climbing. I was able to see Dru conquer the monkey bars. It was fun to watch and she is proud of herself. We played GO FISH a bunch of times with Grandma Lois. I think she enjoyed it as much as they did. After the kids went to bed, I beat the pants off her in Yahtzee and Farkle. Ha!
 
Sunday morning I brought them to another park in the morning, we had lunch and then headed out of town. We made a quick stop to see my great aunt Ruth and to play at another park. I took a different route home, so the long drive home was not quite so painful. It was nice to spend a relaxing weekend with my grandma in small town Iowa. Leo said in the car on the way home, "Next time we come to Grandma Lois' can we stay longer?". So sweet.
 
 
 
Merry Go Round

 
They really do love each other

 
See!?!?

 
Climber and soon to be climber

 
Playing Go Fish

 
In the shed, formerly a cow barn 

 
Riding the tricycle

 
Our monkey

 
The kids with Grandma Lois on her front steps

No comments: