Saturday, September 8, 2012

2012 MN State Fair

This year we again went twice: once with kids and once without. Unfortunately I forgot my camera when we went without the kids so there won't be much to see from that day. My cousins Jen and Amy and Amy's husband Jeff were in town so it was a fun time getting to catch up with them at the fair. We went the first day of the fair (Aug 23rd) without the kids and in addition to us, Jen, Amy and Jeff, my parents and my aunt also joined us. We saw Tonic Sol-Fa and ate a bunch of yummy food. We spent about 12 hours wandering the fairgrounds.

 
Fairborne & Fairchild having fun

 
Where's John? (we lost him a few times)


We took the kids on Tuesday August 28th along with my parents and my aunt. We consider this visit for them. The giant slide is a must and we spent time in the kidway and they rode on quite a few rides. There was a new art exhibit called "Luminarium" that we explored as well. I ate a few of the same things as our first visit but I do have to admit to having the best chocolate shake I've ever had a the fair. Where you ask!? At the Dairy Bar in the Food Building! I was seriously amazed. Here are some snapshots of the kids.

 
Bumper Boats

 
Leo was a little scared so Dru was keeping him safe (LOVE!)

 
Whale ride

 
Kidsdance DeeJays had kids on stage dancing (Dru didn't want to get off when it was over)

 
Pronto Pups!

 
Butterfly House

 
Luminarium

 
At the end of the day, phew, we were tired!

No comments: