Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Visit to the Apple Orchard

We went to Deardorff Apple Orchard in Waconia again this year. I was hoping to avoid any hay/stray/corn. Unfortunately they added a huge straw pile for the kids to play on. We did keep the kids off of it so it didn't cause Leo any problems. This is a pick your own orchard which we really enjoy, so we took home some Honey Crisp and Haralson apples. I also bought some pumpkin butter which is quite good (it's like apple butter). It is one of my favorite events of the whole year and I know the kids really have a great time! We may have to pick a new one to try next year.

Dru in the pumpkin patch

Still amazed they had a fire going at the orchard

On the wagon waiting to get a ride to the apple orchard

Look Mom, I picked another one!
 
Me with the kids who don't cooperate for photos 

No comments: