Monday, September 6, 2010

2010 MN State Fair

Space Tower
Listening to Tonic Sol-Fa

Dru's first time on the Giant Slide

Dru in the Butterfly House

Rides with Reed
The Minnesota State Fair is one of our favorite events of the summer. The kids did amazingly well without naps. We ate lots of food, of course. Dru and Reed went on a few rides. We were lucky to catch Tonic Sol-Fa in concert. I took Dru down the Giant Slide for the first time. I don't remember the last time I went down the slide. It was quite emotional for me because I used to go down the slide as a child with my dad and loved it. I hope Dru and Leo will love it too. I look forward to taking Leo next year! I also took Dru into the Butterfly House. She did quite well, though wasn't immediately okay with the butterfly flying down on her shorts. After it settled in, she let it sit there for a few minutes. Our day began at 7:30am and we got home around 6:00pm, all 4 of us were exhausted! Julie and I were able to go again by ourselves the following weekend so we could see some other things and could cover more ground. We spent some time people watching which was quite entertaining. We'll be back next year!

No comments: